The opportunity to take a stake in a fast growing, innovative business
Graduate Research Executive
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Do you enjoy finding out what people think?
Do you love working with numbers and spotting trends in data?
Are you keen to learn new skills and be part of a creative, energetic team?
We have several exciting opportunities for talented and driven Graduate Research Executives to develop their careers at our fast-growing agency in the heart of York.
Who are we?
Karian and Box are a vibrant employee engagement consultancy who run research projects and provide insight into employee engagement for our clients to positively impact their performance. Put simply, we help our clients understand what motivates their employees and come up with ways to make their businesses even better places to work.
We have a strong reputation with many of the UK’s biggest brands, including Aviva, Barclays, BP, British Airways, HSBC, FirstGroup and The Co-op to name a few.
As employee engagement specialists, we love what we do. By joining the Insight Team, you will be involved in:
- Learning a variety of research and technical skills via our graduate training programme;
- Supporting on employee engagement research projects, working on tasks including survey build and translation, data collection, data analysis, and helping to create visually interesting reports;
- Liaising with our internal teams to meet client and project objectives;
- Building effective relationships with colleagues and clients;
- Assisting with client queries, under the supervision of senior team members;
- Ensuring our clients are happy by providing consistently high quality service and maintaining our reputation for excellence.
In growing our team we’re looking for talented Graduate Research Executives who:
- Are educated to degree level (minimum 2:2), preferably in an applicable discipline;
- Are analytical / curious thinkers with an enjoyment of and aptitude for working with numbers;
- Have excellent attention to detail and always strive to deliver the best possible work;
- Display excellent time management and planning skills, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing situations;
- Are enthusiastic, self-motivated, eager to learn, and able to quickly apply new techniques and take feedback on board;
- Are effective in a team setting, but also able to work with minimal supervision;
- Are proficient with Excel and PowerPoint (knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), SPSS, Access or Power BI is desirable but not essential).
At Karian and Box we offer a friendly and exciting environment with emphasis on hard work and enjoying what we do. We are an energetic bunch and we’re passionate about our work. Team work is a huge part of our culture and we’re always willing to help each other out.
We believe that people power performance, and so we put a big focus on helping our people develop and succeed. With this in mind, if you join K&B you’ll take part in our induction programme and have your own ‘buddy’ to welcome and support you over the first few weeks. We offer on-the-job training to help you get up to speed with our ways of working.
By joining us, in return for your valued contribution we’ll offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement per year
- Private health insurance (after a qualifying period)
- Volunteering leave (after a qualifying period)
- Company pension
- Flexible benefits package including additional holiday purchase, cycle to work scheme, access to a wide range of high street discounts, car lease and financial loans and savings at preferential rates
- And because we take employee engagement so seriously, we’re also an employee-owned business – after a qualifying period you will be eligible to participate in our Share Investment Plan.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and forward your current CV and cover letter, stating your salary expectations and explaining your suitability for this role.
Closing date: 5pm on 21st June 2019
Role start date: 5th August 2019
Karian and Box is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Before applying for this role, please read the Recruitment Privacy Notice in the Careers section of our website.
We are committed to ensuring the security of our business and ensuring we consistently meet our governance requirements. All successful applicants will therefore be required to undertake a Basic Level Disclosure Check paid for by the Company.
Due to the number of applications we receive for this role, if you have not heard from us by 5th July 2019, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.