The opportunity to take a stake in a fast growing, innovative business
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Contract: Permanent, Full time (Part time considered)
Hours: 37.5 per week
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to join our rapidly growing company in York.
About Karian and Box
It’s an exciting time to join our business. As a leading employee engagement and internal communications agency, we work every day with major, blue-chip clients like Barclays, HSBC, AVIVA, Tesco and the Co-op. We’re proud to say we’ve never lost a client and continue to grow through client referral. We’re also an employee-owned business – which means you’d have the opportunity to share the rewards of our success.
Looking for your next challenge?
This is a newly created post with responsibility for ensuring the accurate financial running of the business, controlling the financial administration and reporting processes, and ensuring adequate controls are in place, making improvements where appropriate to ensure compliance with UK financial legislation and industry regulations. You will support the COO in developing and implementing improvement to the finance function.
Key accountabilities include:
- Controlling the month-end process to ensure the timely production and review of the monthly P&L account, Balance Sheet and Cash-flow Statement – providing insight and commentary.
- Preparation of the Board Report and the presentation of management information packs to the Leadership Team.
- Production of monthly cash-flow forecasts and a weekly invoice tracker.
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement – providing high-quality variance analysis with insights.
- Management of accounts receivable and accounts payable including cash management and cash forecasting. The review of VAT and other statutory returns, review of accruals, prepayments and balance sheet reconciliations, and production of the year-end financial statements.
- Supporting the business in product pricing and tendering processes.
- Production and review of monthly individual project P&Ls and project completion review.
- Investment appraisal of client and internal programmes.
- Value chain and process review.
- Development of the annual financial budget.
- Ongoing development of the financial systems, policies, processes and reporting.
- Identification of cost-saving opportunities – including taxation.
- Partner management of outsourced accountants.
However, it’s not just about the numbers!
A key part of the role is to support the COO with the development and implementation of the company’s financial objectives and strategy, providing insight, adding value and making changes happen.
Supporting the Leadership Team, you will build strong working relationships both with clients and across the business, possess the confidence to challenge and influence the business through the provision of insight and support decision-making to drive improvements in business’s performance, revenue, growth and profitability.
We’re a people-focused business and your attitude matters more than anything else.
- We’re looking for someone with the energy, drive and ambition who will make a difference.
- Alongside a can-do attitude, you’ll be a qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA accounts professional, ideally with three years’ post-qualification experience in a commercial environment.
- You’ll possess a sound working knowledge of accounting products for small / medium-sized businesses and excellent knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping and Microsoft Office – particularly Excel, with advanced spreadsheet capabilities.
- You’ll be highly numerate, able to work accurately with attention to detail and possess excellent time-management skills to ensure key monthly, quarterly and annual financial deadlines are met.
- You’ll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to build strong working relationships with experience of line management and the development of a team.
- You’ll be driven and self-motivated, and able to work independently and proactively, taking responsibility for tasks and accountabilities with limited supervision to always deliver work to a very high standard.
At Karian and Box, we offer a friendly and vibrant environment with emphasis on hard work and having fun. In return for your valued contribution, we’ll offer you a competitive salary, bonus scheme, 25 days’ holiday per annum, private healthcare and other reward benefits. Because we take employee engagement so seriously, we’re also an employee-owned business, and after a qualifying period, you will also be eligible to participate in our Share Investment Plan.
Tick all the boxes?
We’d love to hear from you! Please submit your CV along with a covering letter.
Karian and Box is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Before applying for this role, please read the Recruitment Privacy Notice in the Careers section of our website.
We are committed to ensuring the security of our business and that we consistently meet our governance requirements. All successful applicants will therefore be required to undertake a Basic Level Disclosure Check paid for by the Company.
Due to the number of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us by Monday 21st October 2019, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE