The opportunity to take a stake in a fast growing, innovative business
Content writer / editor jobs at Karian and Box
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Join a growing team of writers in an exciting employee engagement consultancy
Opportunities for junior and middleweight content writers/editors!
Due to business growth, we are looking for new members of our in-house content and editorial team at both middleweight and junior levels. In this role, you would write, copyedit and proofread content for a range of client projects, from innovative reports to creative engagement communications.
Who are we?
Karian and Box is an employee engagement consultancy with a unique approach. We help our clients understand what motivates their employees and come up with ways to make their businesses even better places to work.
Storytelling is at the heart of what we do. We craft compelling narratives that make meaning of data and create content that brings ideas to life for some of the biggest brands in the world, including Barclays, Burberry, the Co-op, HSBC, Nationwide and many others.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Writing, copyediting and proofreading: projects include in-depth data journalism, employee research reports, creative campaigns, film/animation scripts, toolkits and magazines.
- Collaborating: we take a collaborative approach to achieve our goals, so you would be working closely with our editorial, consultancy, design and research teams, building strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external clients.
Our ideal candidates will be:
- Creative: We always push what’s possible and find a unique perspective.
- Born problem-solvers: We are positive people who focus on finding solutions.
- Personable: We’re in the people business so strong communication and relationship skills are fundamental.
- Flexible and adaptable: Being able to cope with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines is a must.
Essential requirements for each role:
For the middleweight position, we require at least three years’ experience in journalism and/or communications – you will have a solid editorial foundation and be a confident writer, with strong copyediting and proofreading skills. Data journalism and/or technical writing in your repertoire would be a real plus.
For the junior position, you will ideally have at least one year’s experience in an editorial position and/or formal editorial training, such as journalism, copywriting/editing or content marketing.
By joining us, in return for your valued contribution we’ll offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Private health insurance (after a qualifying period)
- Volunteering leave (after a qualifying period)
- Company pension
- Flexible benefits package including additional holiday purchase, cycle to work scheme, access to a wide range of high street discounts, car lease and financial loans and savings at preferential rates
- After a qualifying period, you will be eligible to participate in our Share Investment Plan.
Karian and Box is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Before applying for this role, please read the Recruitment Privacy Notice in the Careers section of our website.
We are committed to ensuring the security of our business and that we consistently meet our governance requirements. All successful applicants will therefore be required to undertake a Basic Level Disclosure Check paid for by the Company.
Due to the number of applications we receive for this role, if you have not heard from us by 7 July 2019, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES