We’re always on the hunt for talent. Could your skillset add to our expertise?
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Lead and shape a growing team of insightful report writers in our exciting, leading agency
Are you a talented and experienced report writer with strong leadership skills, a passion for clear communication, creative problem solving and smart storytelling?
Yes? Then we’d love to hear from you.
We on the hunt for a talented senior analytical writer to lead our in-house storytelling team. This role is a critical part of the Creative Services team. It is focused on leading and developing our verbal storytelling offering, as well as growing a team of writers to deliver first-class insight storytelling and innovative reports.
Who are we?
Karian and Box is a leading employee engagement consultancy. Through our research, we help our clients understand what engages and motivates their employees and help them to make their businesses even better places to work.
Storytelling is at the heart of what we do. We craft compelling narratives that make meaning of data and create content that brings ideas to life for some of the biggest brands in the world, including Barclays, Burberry, the Co-op, HSBC, Nationwide and many others.
By leading the Content Team in this role your responsibilities would include:
- Leading insight report writing and services: You will have ownership of the end-to-end editorial process across the business, shaping report storylines for our largest clients and developing innovative reporting techniques. As well as report storytelling, you will be responsible for developing reporting scripts for animation / film projects and oversee our thought leadership / marketing.
- Directing the team and building capability: You will manage a team of writers, freelance writers and proof readers, and be responsible for guiding talent and developing writing skills within the team and throughout the business.
- Internal communications writing knowledge: While the focus of this role is on insight writing, having experience of internal communications copywriting and an understanding of communicating with internal audiences a real plus.
- Managing stakeholder relationships: You will build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and create an aura of excellence around the Content Team through outstanding collaborative working.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Curious: We don’t like offering vanilla, middle-of-the-road solutions. We encourage everyone to ask questions and to think creatively, push what’s possible and try to find a unique perspective.
- Commercially aware: Taking direct responsibility for maximising business profitability through effective time and budget management of the content team.
- Forward-looking and organized: As an agency, we work with clients on several different projects simultaneously and requirement can change on short notice.
- A born problem solver: We are positive people who focus on finding solutions.
- A people person: We’re in the people business so great communication and relationship skills are a must.
By joining us, in return for your valued contribution we’ll offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Private health insurance (after a qualifying period)
- Volunteering leave (after a qualifying period)
- Company pension
- Flexible benefits package including additional holiday purchase, cycle to work scheme, access to a wide range of high street discounts, car lease and financial loans and savings at preferential rates
- After a qualifying period, you will be eligible to participate in our Share Investment Plan.
Please forward your current CV and cover letter, stating your salary expectations and explaining your suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the number of applications we receive for this role, if you have not heard from us by 31 July 2020, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Karian and Box is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Before applying for this role, please read the Recruitment Privacy Notice in the Careers section of our website.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES