The opportunity to take a stake in a fast growing, innovative business
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Are you an expert in creating engaging, insightful reports in Power BI?
Do you enjoy research and finding out what people think?
Can you create and analyse data models to bring the story to life?
Are you keen to be part of a fast-growing, innovative team?
We have an opportunity for a Power BI Developer to support our rapidly-growing agency in the heart of York.
Who are we?
Karian and Box are a vibrant employee engagement consultancy who run research projects and provide insight into the employee experience for our clients to positively impact their performance. Put simply, we help our clients understand what motivates their employees and come up with ways to make their businesses even better places to work.
We have a strong reputation with many of the UK’s biggest brands, including Aviva, Barclays, BP, British Airways, HSBC, FirstGroup and The Co-op, to name a few.
Telling the story of data is a critical component of what we do; we put high value on presenting killer insights in a beautifully visual and engaging manner.
This role is to help us do just that through:
- Supporting the ongoing development of our end-to-end research process, from data ingestion through to dashboard development within Power BI.
- The design and development of beautifully visual self-serve reporting and analytics of employee research data.
- Engaging with key stakeholders to understand and translate business needs / reporting requirements.
- Leading the technical design and development of robust data models – identifying connections to drive efficiency and alignment.
- Ensuring that development meets requirements for scalability, performance and quality.
- Working with our internal MI and Finance Systems to determine appropriate data sources and methodology to regularly track progress.
- Supporting colleagues to build the skills and confidence to be self-sufficient with production and minor changes to self-serve reports. Conduct knowledge sharing sessions within the team to fill the functional gap.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- The ability to analyse, interpret and understand complex datasets and build robust data models
- Strong Power BI/DAX and Excel skills, extensive knowledge of the Power BI report development process, Power BI Desktop, Power BI service and its ecosystem
- End-to-end experience from data ingestion, to design and build of reports, to sharing dashboards based on row level access using an embedded distribution model
- Experience in designing, developing and optimising applications with numerous tables and complex business logic
- Strong organisational and planning skills and timely implementation of solutions through effective project management
- Impeccable attention to detail and is always striving to deliver the best possible work
- An enthusiastic and self-motivated attitude and is eager to get stuck in and help us improve
- Excellent team skills: effective in a team setting, but also able to work and make decisions independently.
- Experience developing SQL data warehouses
- Microsoft SQL Server including SSIS to implement data normalisation and transformation
- Working with survey systems (Qualtrics, Questback, SurveyGizmo)
- Developing custom visual for Power BI.
At Karian and Box, we offer a friendly and exciting environment with an emphasis on hard work and enjoying what we do. We are an energetic bunch and we’re passionate about our work. Teamwork is a huge part of our culture and we’re always willing to help each other out.
We believe that people power performance, so we put a big focus on helping our people develop and succeed. With this in mind, if you join K&B, we make sure you get up to speed with our ways of working as soon as possible so you can get on doing what you do best.
By joining us, in return for your valued contribution we’ll offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Private health insurance (after a qualifying period)
- Volunteering leave (after a qualifying period)
- Company pension
- Flexible benefits package including additional holiday purchase, cycle to work scheme, access to a wide range of high street discounts, car lease, and financial loans and savings at preferential rates
- And because we take employee engagement so seriously, we’re also an employee-owned business; after a qualifying period you will be eligible to participate in our Share Investment Plan.
Please forward your current CV and cover letter, stating your salary expectations and explaining your suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the number of applications we receive for this role, if you have not heard from us by 14th March 2019, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Karian and Box is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Before applying for this role, please read the Recruitment Privacy Notice in the Careers section of our website.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES