The opportunity to take a stake in a fast growing, innovative business
Location: York, North Yorkshire
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Are you a talented and experienced writer with strong leadership skills?
Due to business growth, we are looking for a Senior Writer to lead our in-house storytelling team. In this role, you would lead our growing team of writers to deliver first-class insight storytelling, developing innovative reports that delight and excite new and existing clients.
Who are we?
Karian and Box is a leading employee engagement consultancy. We help our clients understand what motivates their employees and come up with ways to make their businesses even better places to work.
Storytelling is at the heart of what we do. We craft compelling narratives that make meaning of data and create content that brings ideas to life for some of the biggest brands in the world, including Barclays, Burberry, the Co-op, HSBC, Nationwide and many others.
By leading the Editorial Team in this role your responsibilities would include:
- Leading insight report writing and services: You will have ownership of the end-to-end editorial process across the business, shaping storylines for our largest clients and developing innovative reporting techniques.
- Directing the team and building capability: You will line manage Editorial Executives and Senior Editorial Executives, freelance writers and proof-readers, and be responsible for guiding talent and developing writing skills throughout the business.
- Contributing to creative copywriting: While the focus of this role is on insight writing, you will also have a strong creative streak, with experience of creative copywriting a real plus. Insight storytelling requires a creative, story-focused approach and there will be many opportunities to script and direct animation / film projects and contribute to our creative campaigns / marketing.
- Managing stakeholder relationships: You will build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and create an aura of excellence around the Editorial Team through outstanding collaborative working.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Creative: We don’t like offering vanilla, middle-of-the-road solutions so we think creatively, push what’s possible and try to find a unique perspective;
- Commercially aware: Taking direct responsibility for maximising business profitability through effective time and budget management and new business development;
- A born problem solver: We are positive people who focus on finding solutions;
- A people person: We’re in the people business so great communication and relationship skills are a must.
By joining us, in return for your valued contribution we’ll offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Private health insurance (after a qualifying period)
- Volunteering leave (after a qualifying period)
- Company pension
- Flexible benefits package including additional holiday purchase, cycle to work scheme, access to a wide range of high street discounts, car lease and financial loans and savings at preferential rates
- After a qualifying period, you will be eligible to participate in our Share Investment Plan.
Please forward your current CV and cover letter, stating your salary expectations and explaining your suitability for this role to email@example.com.
Due to the number of applications we receive for this role, if you have not heard from us by 28 February 2019, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Karian and Box is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Before applying for this role, please read the Recruitment Privacy Notice in the Careers section of our website.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES